Welcome to Mrs. Shami's 8th Grade Math Class
I am excited to be teaching 8th grade math this year and I am looking forward to a great year!
I will post information and homework assignments to my school fusion page throughout the year for you, so that you will be able to keep up if you are absent. Please contact me through e-mail or by phone with any questions or concerns.
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR MATH CLASS:
- 2 or more sharpened pencils
- Scientific Calculator TI 30X (or similar)
- Spiral or Composition Notebook (wide or college-ruled)
- Spiral or Composition Graph Paper Notebook, 4SQ./in.
- 2 2-pocket folders
- a ruler
- 2 packages of small ruled index cards
- Big Ideas Math Record and Practice Journal (to be provided)
- Planner/Agenda Book (to be provided)
- Independent Novel/ D.E.A.R. book
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Ready
- Do Your Best
- Students are expected to enter the classroom quietly and sit in their assigned seats. All materials that will not be used in Math should be placed under your desk.
- Students should get to work on Do Now provided and have their completed homework assignment out and ready to be checked. This is the time pencils should be sharpened if needed.
- All students should be ready to work right at the start of class.
- It is the student's responsibility to find out work missed while out. Check my School Fusion page or call a classroom buddy.
- The amount of classes missed, will be the amount of class days available to make up work.
Class Effort %
ALL assignments are due at the beginning of the class period.
- On Time 100%
- One Day Late
- Two Days Late
- Three or more days late
I will be available for extra help most mornings before school. Please make arrangemnts with me if you need extra assistance.